Friday, June 22, 2007

"Eva"

I just finished watching this movie directed by Joseph Losey titled, "Eva." The reason I got it was because of Jeanne Moreau who happens to be one of my favorite actresses.

I really really REALLY did not like the movie.

I thought she did a fine job. It was just rubbing me the wrong way. It was an excruciating hour and 58 minutes to go through, take a few minutes off because I really enjoyed the Italian actress, Virna Lisi. I don't think I've ever seen her in a film before.

But, like the actress in, "The Assasination of Trotsky," (which was also a Losey film) Valentina Cortese, I was taken with Virna.

I will say that the last few moments of the movie were a bit exciting for me. Virna's character, Francesca, commits suicide. Jeanne's character, Eva, continuously slaps the man that is obsessed with her with a riding whip...

The movie was flat for me. The music was getting on my nerves and music in a movie has NEVER done that to me. Not that I can remember, at least...


Currently listening to: In Retrospect