Monday, December 24, 2007

Evolution of a Grab Bag Gift

Last week, I started to paint. Bad idea. At work, we picked names for the grab bag. I didn't want to give the usual (candy, gift card, lotion, &c). I should have! Ha! Late in the game, I decided to paint my person something. The price was at least 15clams. I spent 65 on the supplies! Yikes! AND, on top of that, I DIDN'T even like what I had given=( *brr-brr* I gave it anyway because I didn't Hate it=P Meh...

I should have just left the painting as it was. But, no. I painted over it. And over it. And over it. And over it. And, finally, over it. Yes, folks. There are 5 paintings on top of each other on that canvas for my grab bag person! I took pictures of the first painting, third and final. I would leave the piece and come back hoping that I would like it. Didn't work. Eventually, I had to surrender at around 2.30 the morning that it was due to my supervisor.

My person told me that she had to take a peak at it and she said from what she saw she liked it. So, who knows... I feel like I should get her a consolation gift! *ugh*





To think that if that painting is x-rayed...Ha!