Thursday, July 17, 2008

I auditioned for...

...AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY.

Honestly. The Broadway production.

I fell on my ass. But, that's okay. I'm pissed -- I'm more bummed out, really.

It's okay because I'm always learning from my auditions. Especially in the last year or so.

I went in with a piece that I was/am passionate about. It just fizzled out. I'm a horrible auditioner but that's not an excuse because there have been auditions in which I've knocked it out of the room and then back again.

I'm examining what happened today. Not asking that dreaded question, "Why"? but more, "What can I do for the NEXT time. The next lucky/blessed opportunity?"

The past few weeks I've had 4 auditions (2 that were very good and 1 that was alright, and 1 that bombed -- HA!), and 2 callbacks (both of which were very good). What I noticed was the 2 that were good and bombed...were for Broadway shows (THE SEAGULL and AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY).

Interesting...

So, let me leave you with 2 scenes from the show (I found this video on Steppenwolf's myspace page).
Enjoy. Really. I always do.

I can't WAIT for the NEXT Rejection!!! It's another step on that ladder (and it's a LONG 'n' HIGH one). All it's doing is bringing me a little closer each time.

Bring it.