Friday, October 5, 2007

My New Favorite Show on TV: "Pushing Daisies"

Finally! A show packed with creativity, genunine warmth, charm, fun and eccentricities! Oh! And...LIFE!!! It's like a Technicolor-extravaganza. I mean, the saturation of color is tremendous and bold, and I Love it! On top of the technical aspects of the show...the cast is great and chock-full of Broadway Babies (Swoosie Kurtz, Ellen Greene, Jim Dale, Kristin Chenoweth...). The lead, Lee Pace as Ned, is absolutely likeable and I dig the way he delivers the dialogue. His partner, Chi McBride as Emerson, is equally likeable and quite funny. Anna Friel as Charlotte, aka "Chuck"...now, I did not know that she was in this! I first saw her in, "A Midsummer Night's Dream." She was also in CLOSER with Natasha Richardson, Ciaran Hinds and Rupert Graves. She is so deliciously adorable.

I love the twist to the show with Ned's being able to bring people back to life. The consequence of that power.















It's such a magical show. And, sometimes, we all need some magic in our lives. Good magic. Not that black magic stuff that can get you into trouble!

Here is a big and bold, BRAVO!, to Bryan Fuller, the creator.