Monday, March 17, 2008

Fire Diagonally Across The Street

So...in the wee small hours of yesterday morn, around 2a, standing in front of my mirror modelling my new tote bag for myself, I heard a *POP* outside my window. I thought, "Oh.My.God! What was that? Don't tell me that was a gun. Oh, no! Is there a shooting going on?!!" LOL! I felt firetruck lights and saw them winding round and round, instantly. I looked out the window and diagonally across the street from where I live, fire. My goodness. It was in this alley/driveway, right behind this white van.

I couldn't believe. It was fascinating. I mean, that early in the morn and people were out! I'm thinking they came out of their homes just to see what was up. OR, they could have been coming home from a night out. Though, for some reason, I can't believe that because there have been times when I've come home after midnight or so, and there was no one on my street.

I also rang my Ma after the fire was put out. Bad idea, she had a very calm sounding, concerned freak-out (is that possible?) but I calmed her down and told her it wasn't my building, that it was across the street and the firemen already put the fire out. It took a few minutes to make that clear to her!

Anyhoot...here are some photos that I took: