Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Musical Stylings with Anita Morris

I first heard of Anita Morris when I got the cast recording of NINE starring Raul Julia. What a performer she is! I don't know anything about her except that she's got CHOPS!!! And she's gorgeous! AND she handles herself exceptionally well when a mishap with her costume occurs=)



Here is some of the research I've gathered on this beguiling creature...

She was born in 1943 in North Carolina. She married Grover Dale, a director and choreographer for the stage. They had one child together, James Badge Dale (who has the dreamiest eyes). In 1980, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She was told that she had 5 years at the most to live. The doctors were wrong. She lived until 1994. Oh, and by the by...the date on that clip is 1981. A year AFTER she was diagnosed. Man!

"I showed New York that sex on a stage can be fun. I've been a sex symbol all my life, but it doesn't bother me. I can sing, dance and act. What do I have to worry about?" (Nothing at all, Anita. Nothing. At. All.)

Look her up on
www.imdb.com and www.ibdb.com




I think someone should write a book on her...

Currently listening to: Nine (1982 Original Broadway Cast)