Thursday, April 12, 2007

Quoting with Lilli Palmer

"Mary Lee, what does the well-dressed woman wear to the funeral of her husband's mistress? Black?"

Ouch=X

Lilli wrote that in her autobiography Change Lobsters--and Dance (1975). I've been trying to do some research on the internet about her...can't get much. Though, I have gotten interesting tidbits here and there. VERY interesting tidbits. I will be receiving her autobiography any day now (which I'm very excited about). I can't wait to learn more about this sensitive, elegant, lovely, witty woman.

She also said, "Fidelity is a gift not a requirement."

Yikes! I don't know about that...I love her but I must disagree with her. Granted, she is coming from a most different place than I am. But still...don't cheat! That's all. (Though, I do understand what she means)

I feel a poem coming on...

Currently watching: Maedchen in Uniform