Thursday, July 5, 2007

"Minnie and Moskowitz"



This Cassavetes film made me look at love in another way, which got me scared and thinking. Sometimes, what you think you want may not be what you really want or even get! And HOW have I experienced that! Par example...I don't like to be whispered to in my ear. Ew.

You must be open. It takes effort to be open. Vulnerable and available (not that kind of available! More like receptive. Hm...why didn't I say that in the first place? HA!).

All of us have our "ideal" mate. No one is perfect. We have our character flaws and weaknesses. If you do find that person whose faults and whatnot you are able and wanting to live with, take the wall down. There will always be something, as there will always be something about you! Explore the relationship. If it goes somewhere beyond...great! If it doesn't...atleast you were open to that other world.

I'm still working on it. I've got a crazy wall. And it's up to me to break it down. It would also help if "he" would help out as well, and not let me off the hook! Just as long as he doesn't smell and whenever I wake up next to him, I say, "Yes!" (Hm...among other things...=D)

Is that too much to ask?

=PPP

This reminds me of a dialogue I wrote for a play I wrote a couple of years ago. We're always looking for answers and/or that person. Maybe you've already been given answers, you just haven't seen them or you haven't looked or you don't want to see them or you don't recognize them or you're not ready. But, honestly. When will you be ready? And so, with that someone, what if he/she is right in front of you? We've gotta put our guard down some time. If you dig someone...go for it. Go on that second date! HA!