Monday, August 11, 2008

Bayo Iribhogbe

Bayo is an artist that I met on the street while on my break from work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

His work moved me. I would NEVER have stopped had his work not punched me in the face (in a good way=). The colors, the atmosphere...I just had to stop and tell him. It turned into a full-fledged conversation where we shared the same outlook and passions. We traded cards (yes! I finally made a business card for myself!) and I hope to keep in touch with him.

He displayed about 3 (or 4?) of his newest pieces. One was titled, Gathering (a splash of my favorite colors to paint in: red, orange and yellow), and Market Scene (blues and white, with a speckle of red deliberately painted on - love to paint in blues and white as well).

Here is his website (you Must more than check it out...you will not regret it):
http://bayostudio.com/

Currently reading: FEMALE BRANDO: The Legend of Kim Stanley by Jon Krampner