Sunday, August 17, 2008

Jipped at the Olympics, the Emotional Bela and a Post-Script

What the hey-ho? What was up with the judges for the women's vault? Alicia should have gotten atleast bronze and she ends up in that awful place of 4th?!!!

What?!!

And how much do I adore Bela Karolyi? I've always loved him and having him choke up while in reaction of ghastly sadness about Alicia? He was so choked up that I finally let my tears out for Alicia.

C'mon!!!

Alicia hit her vaults. Tiny steps on her landings. But, I'm sorry...did she fall out of bounds? No. Did she almost land on her knees? No. Did she ever put her hands down on the mat when she landed? NO.

And who did? China and Korea. I have had great support for China in gymnastics. They were amazing in the team performances. But, HELLO! I understand the start values of their vaults were high BUT there were some obvious mistakes those girls made. Mm-mm-mm.

I don't get it.

But, let me give *three cheers* to Oksana competing for Germany (not her native Russia). That woman is 33-years-old. Hello! She had gold and was knocked down to silver after Korea went (and made her mistakes. Mm...).

PS I love Shawn Johnson. I wish she won the gold for her floor exercise. She's adorable (I mean that in a great way...because I know what it feels like to always be called, "cute," *ugh*) and illuminating.