Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Question, a Long Side Note, Singing Live, and a Warning

Susan Sarandon was on, "Regis and Kelly," a few minutes ago. -side note- Do you know how wonderful it is not to have to get up this morning and work at the museum? 9-5 sucks when you don't love what you are doing. My last day working at the Met was Saturday. It was bittersweet. I won't miss the job or the money (what money?!!!). I will miss, terribly, those that I worked with (not all of them); from my supervisors (who are tremendous work-horses and I never resented anything they gave me to do) to the women that worked in the next shops over (they were all beautiful to me). - Man! That was a LONG side note, eh? - Emily Proctor (who is a great actress. I first watched her on one of my favorite shows, "The West Wing") mentioned Susan as being a great inspiration and motivation. Emily sited an interview that Susan gave for some psychology magazine and she said something to this effect: Either you retreat from the world, or you expand into it.

That's great! Isn't that great?

So, the question for all of us today is: Are you a retreater or an expander?

After Susan's interview, the Jonas Brothers performed. If their fans read this next comment by me, they'll probably hunt me down and burn me at the stake, but I will say it anyway: The Jonas Brothers are AWFUL live.

This is the second time I've watched them on live TV. First time was on, "Dancing with the Stars," where they performed a great song by a-ha, "Take on Me." I really like that song. They were...eh. The vocals just aren't strong to me.

You know, maybe they're tired. They're voices are shot. They're some busy boys I can imagine. I just haven't seen a great live performance that's all. Maybe if I were a fan it would be different...? I'm not a fan.

To be honest, I can't really stand the images of celebrities today. Mostly the "young-set." Hopefully, they see themselves when they look in the mirror. If not...the mind is a fragile thing. It's powerful and vulnerable at the same time. They must be careful.

Anywaa...

If you forgot the question for today here it is, once again:
Are you a retreater or an expander?

Currently reading: FEMALE BRANDO: The Legend of Kim Stanley by Jon Krampner