Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Guess Who Got Cast? ...

I did!
Guess who had to turn it down?
I did.

Yes. You read that right. I had to turn down a 10-minute short because they will be filming in September/October and I'm leaving for California on the 25th of this month. *bleah*

The director told me that he really wanted me to be part of his short but I had to let it go because ... well ... to put it frankly: I'm not getting paid for it and I have no funds to buy another ticket to fly back to NY and then back to CA. He was kind to say that he would pay for my ticket if he could.

What was nice is that the director told me that they kept going back to me when trying to put the cast together. He kept asking the others with him if it was because I was the first to be seen. But, even at the audition he told me (which is totally weird because MOST OF THE TIME auditioners are very stoic or just hoity-toity, and don't say a word except, Thank you, and the dreaded, Great job) that he was really impressed (which means that they are at the beginning stages of their own careers, as well, because that just doesn't happen) and that he defintely wanted to keep in touch. He said that I came in like a bullet after only just 5-10 minutes of having the script; I had great timing and the emotional range...et cetera and so on and so forth...

The guys kept telling him, "The first girl! We gotta go with the first girl." And every time he watched the tape he kept saying, "She nailed it." So, that makes me feel real good.

But, I had to turn it down. Ha! *ugh*

You know...the feeling I have to start off this week and this month is exactly how I felt my first month in NY back in October/November. This is good.

Real good.

Currently reading: Self-Portrait by Gene Tierney