Monday, August 18, 2008

What's Up?!! with Gymnastics and Jenn Stuczynski's Coach?

The Olympic Committee needs to meet up again and fix the rules for gymnastics scoring. Nastia was tied with the Chinese gymnast, Kexin He, in the uneven bars individual standing. Tied for the gold, mind you. But, because of RULES in gymnastics...you can't have 2 gymnasts winning gold. What?!!! Let me shout that one out again,

WHAT?!!!??!!

And, and, AND...they took away the perfect 10 score? Huh?!!! Uh...why?

There should have been 2 bright, smiling ladies on that gold podium: Kexin and Nastia. Nastia's program, though, was superior, I believe. But, away from that, they shoulda BOTH been up there.

Even when Marta Karolyi (Bela's wife) was explaining the scoring and the tie-breaking rules to both Nastia and her father...I was still confused! Even when the commentators explained...I was scrunching my forehead. Even when things seemed to be clearer in my head about the scoring...I was wanting to slap the Australian judge! Ha! But, not many things are judged objectively these days. It's all subject.

Get it straight for the next Games, Olympic Committee! Don't be robbing future athletes.

And, now...for the coach of pole vaulting silver-medalist, Jenn Stuczynksi. If I were the people standing next to him, I would have DECKED him. No doubt in my mind. How dare he talk to her in that way. He was so defensive with her, so angry. He couldn't even look her in the eye and was holding on to his Blackberry the whole time he was chastising her.

Coach! Your girl won the silver! Shut the hell up and be proud.

I Hate douchbag, ass-wipes like that. She needs to get a new coach.

Three Cheers for you, Jenn! You placed in the Olympic games against Yelena Isinbayeva of Russia (who broke her own world record!) who was the gold-medalist the last Olympics.