Saturday, August 18, 2007

"The Counterfeit Traitor"

Lilli Palmer is another one of my all-time favorite actresses. She's got grace, elegance, wit and some mean acting chops! Here are a few scenes from the first film I saw her in (that I'm aware of as my first film of hers...it could have been something else like, "The Pleasure of His Company," but I'm old and I don't remember):







To learn more about Lilli, you should check out her autobiography Change Lobsters---and Dance. You will find her to be candid, witty, charming, intelligent and loving. I got a lot out of it as an actress but mostly as a human being. Lilli was a strong woman. She is the personification of perserverance. Truly. Her book was enlightening, inspiring and motivating. On top of all that, she's one helluva writer. I couldn't put her book down. I finished it in 3 days. One of my favorite books.

http://www.myspace.com/lillimariepeiser