Monday, August 20, 2007

"V"






Let me start off by saying that I am not a science-fiction kind of a gal. BUT, for some reason, I Love, "V." It's not sci-fi to me, at all. I do like the sentimental idea of fighting for good. The Resistance against the Visitors. I Love everything about it, from the original miniseries to the Final Battle to the TV series. All of it. Including the music.

I haven't seen it in such a long time! I remember LONG time ago FX re-aired it and I was elated. I would get to see Juliet (the do-it-for-good scientist), Diana (the crazy lizard bitch), Mike (the avenger) and Ham (the vigilante) all over again. I'd go through the birth of the twin babies that turned into lizards! I'd go through all those horrifying images of the Visitors eating rats, birds, and the like. I can't believe I love it! Even though, at times it was disgusting. Odd. I mean, I'm a scaredy-cat. Truly. But, "V," was something else to me.

Juliet (Faye Grant) and Diana (Jane Badler) were my two favorites. And I always couldn't wait for Mike (Marc Singer--yes, the Beastmaster) and Juliet to get together (in that way=P)!

I was so young when it first came out and I still remember. I still can't believe I wasn't terrified of the Visitors. I also remember my deep, Deep disappointment when it was no longer on air on NBC. Sad, sad days for a little afraidy-girl. I was probably frightened yet I kept watching. I was fascinated.

I really should buy the DVDs.

Fighting back:


Mike is gonna kick your lizard ass!


This is what happens when you sleep with the enemy:


Watch out admiral-lizard! Juliet's gonna get your lizard face!


Diana (beautiful-bad) slaps Juliet (beautiful-good) & the beginning of conversion: